In this week’s article about business and SEO, you will discover what is “the Internet of Things”, check if your business comes up in the Google knowledge graph together with links to your social profiles, see what feature in AdWords is going away, find out what can happen if you choose to redesign your website and check the ultimate SEO checklist for your blog posts to make sure that you are doing your job right.
1. WTF is the Internet of Things? – is a concept that you will hear more and more because it is the future: an ecosystem connecting objects and the internet. Some people are happy, some are scared – would you like your frifge to know when you run out of beer and send an order to the supermarket for you? Would you like your watch to know that you are having a bad dream and start a new chilling song for you to have a better sleeping experience? See what ad agencies need to do to adapt to this new reality on digiday.com.
2. The social profile links within the knowledge graph box on Google now is supported for corporate brands – Google started adding social network profiles links in the knowledge graph for celebrities in November, but Barry Schwartz points out that they also show up for brand names though. Make sure you have English as your language set on Google, otherwise the change won’t show.
3. Ability To Share Ads Via AdWords Shared Library Is Going Away – starting February 11, 2015 the Shared Library will no longer be available. Read the searchengineland.com article to see exactly what will happen with your ads if you are using Shared Library and what you need to do.
4. This Small Business Redesigned Its Website & You Won’t Believe What Horrible SEO Thing Happened Next – if you own a small business and you think about a new design for your website, you should consider the fact that you might have an abrupt drop in rankings and you might loose an important chunk of your traffic as a result. Andrew Shotland reveals that the main causes for it are the loss of internal links, content changes, deleting pages. Read the article to see the options for recovery if you already had your website redesigned and lost your ranks.
5. The Ultimate SEO Checklist: 25 Questions to Ask Yourself Before Your Next Post – a good fresh tutorial this week comes from Neil Patel. If you already wrote your blog post for today or for this week, take a look at this simple and useful checklist to be sure that you did everything in your power to have your content read by as many people as possible.
Have a productive week ahead!