This week article will help business owners understand how Google works, what they can do to avoid penalties, confusions and recommendations related to user experience. Also, there is a little surprise at the end.
1. Local Search Marketers: Optimize Your Physical Location For The Virtual World – Google is analyzing the exteriors of storefronts to validate the physical address of your business and not only. Keep calm, make sure that the name of your business is visible, use a street sign so that people can easily find you and put your hours of operation outside your business. Read the article for more details on how Google reads the numbers on your business building, recommended measures, things to avoid and more.
2. New to Google+: Pinned posts for profiles and pages – in an announcement on Google+, Dennis Troper revealed a new Google+ feature: we can now pin a post to the top of our profile or page. So, if you have photos with a new product or if you have a presentation video you can now keep it on top of other posts so that people who visit your profile or page will see it.
3. WTF is deep linking? – digiday.com explains it in a very clear manner: deep linking is linking to specific pages within apps, including linking one app to another. Deep linking is very important for many reasons, including advertising. The main challenge now is to find a way to measure ROI and analyze user behaviour because marketers are reluctant to invest in deep linking-enabled mobile ads without being able to access enough data they are still not convinced that these ads can generate real leads.
4. The #1 Killer of Your Ecommerce Business May Be Indifference – little things matter for your clients and they perceive as indifference things like not sending a thank-you email after purchase, not rewarding them for referrals or for loyalty, not responding to them on social media or not asking for feedback after purchase. See more causes of customer disatisfaction and how you can avoid them in this hubspot.com article.
5. Why SEOs Need To Care About User Experience – Patrick Hathaway highlights in this article on urlprofiler.com how important user experience is for Google and what it did to support it. Read more about what Google doesn’t like and avoid having your website penalized for things like too many ads on your website, hidden content, site speed, sitelink search box, reduced rich snippets, answer boxes etc.
6. Google Now Serves Up Santa Tracker Card For “Santa” & “Santa Claus” Searches – type “santa” or “santa claus” in Google search box and Google will show you a photo of Santa and the number of days left until Christmas. Tip: type the same words in your native language other than English and Google will still serve you the Santa Tracker in your language. It works for most languages.
Have a productive week ahead!