This week’s article is about data leakage, augmented reality and marketing, marketing trends in 2015, good news for merchants and stories on how content marketing literally saves lives.
1. WTF is ‘data leakage’? – if you heard about Google’s controversial choice of not alowing data-management platforms such as Krux fire pixels on its ad network, then you might wonder if Google is evil and selfish, pushing people to only use their own products or if Google is actually protecting the industry from data leakage.
Digiday.com explains the term very clearly: “Data leakage typically occurs when a brand, agency or ad tech company collects data about a website’s audience and subsequently uses that data without the initial publisher’s permission.”
The reason why data leakage is such a big deal is that it can diminish the value of ad inventory. So, if one brand runs a campaign on a very apreciated publisher site paying a high rate, it can use the tracking pixels to identify the people who have seen the ad and follow them on other websites and show them their ads at a much lower rate.
Data leakage is dangerous not only for publishers, but also for brands. So, for example, if a brand uses an ad exchange to target a specific set of users, the ad exchange can then sell the set to other brands too, including to the competitors of the first brand.
2. Can Augmented Reality Be Used In Content Marketing? – if you wonder how you can use augmented reality to impress and convince potential customers to do business with you, koozay.com provides some really interesting ideas to combine the offline with the online world: banners at conferences and exhibitions with a direct link to the page of your website from where the buying takes place, brochures and leaflets with reviews, business cards with a direct link to your social media profiles and more.
3. 21 Marketing Trends for 2015 – Will you try them all? – massplanner.com made a captivating list of trends for this year, some of which you might not even heard of yet such as pretargeting, democratization of content creation-technologies, IoT, agile marketing, glocalization or micro-targeting. Read the article to find out more about them and to discover the other trends.
4. What The Google Trusted Store Announcement Means For Merchants – Google Trusted Store is sign of trust from Google which comes accompanied by a badge and you can get it free of charge if you respect Google’s conditions, which means that as a merchant, you had to submit shipment and cancellation feeds to Google among other things to get into the program. Many merchants refused to do due to privacy concerns, so Google announced that merchants can now join the program without sending this data. Read the ppchero.com article for more details and data on what you get and what you need to become a Google Trusted Store.
5. How Doctors Without Borders is Trying to Save the World Through Content Marketing – these doctors put themselves through many risky situations to save lives, but they couldn’t accomplish their mission without successful campaigns convincing people to donate for supporting their efforts and relieve pain from so many poor men, women and children caught between wars and fightings. Read the contently.com article to find out more about projects and content that made the difference between life and death for some people.
Have a great week ahead!