I hope you had a great week! I found some very interesting articles and videos in the online marketing world this week and, as usual, I will share them with you.
Online marketing – the best articles of this week
1. But I Have to Buy Links, Ads, and Exposure, Because My Customers Won’t Amplify My Content – people from moz.com are real online marketing experts. This very interesting video that they posted provides the best solution for those worried about exposure, about their content not being shared or for not being able to rank well organically. If your clients are older people who don’t use the internet and social media too much or if your product is a B2B, then watching this video is an eye-opener.
2. Google’s Ad Boss on Overseeing YouTube Sales and Glass Ads – adage.com managed to get an interview from Sridhar Ramaswamy’s, his first interview since taking over ad division in february. Find out how Google is dealing with ads on mobile, if there will be changes in how YouTube displays ads or if there are any plans for ads on Google Glass.
3. Google Authorship May Be Dead, But Author Rank Is Not – searchengineland.com answers an important question – how much does the author rank still matter after Google announced through the voice of John Mueller in a google+ post that Google Authorship is officially dead?
4. Visual improvements to AdWords – Google made fresh changes to increase efficiency. The affected areas are the left-side navigation bar, campaign type icons, radio buttons and checkboxes. You can find more details and a photo in the google+ post.
5. HTML5 ads for Google Display Network – Google Web Designer, their free, HTML5 authoring tool, is now integrated with AdWords. They say that any marketer can use it to create great ads and that no programming experience is necessary. I checked it myself for you to see how easy this tool is to use for marketers with no HTML5 skills. See the article for photo of the tool interface, details and resources I used to learn how to use Google Web Designer.
6. These 4 Companies Prove That Content Marketing Is Essential to Startups – if you are an online marketer expert I am more than sure that you heard about kissmetrics, hubspot, buffer and unbounce. Find out how they managed to get this far using content marketing.
7. Toyota Mobile Ads Showcase Future Uses Of Location – what would you say if I would show you a different ad depending on your location? What would you say if I saw an ad on your mobile with a better discount for the car that you want when you are close to your local dealer? That would be great, but no everyone will get it. Dynamic creative ads use location to identify qualified audiences, so read the article to see what it takes to be in the qualified audience group.
8. How to Take Your Brand from Boring to “Brand Famous” – this captivating book review will tell you which are the stages of becoming a famous brand and spreads the branding idea in 6 goals to choose from when you decide that you want to start the adventure of building a brand.
These were the best selections for this week most fascinating articles in online marketing. I hope you enjoyed reading them.
Have a productive week ahead!