We had a full week with both great news and useful new tools for advertisers, but also with troubling security stories regarding SEO and worldwide spread viruses.
1. Google Author Authority in Search Gets Personal – Mark Traphagen from Stone Temple Consulting leads us through an interesting experiment to see how much Google authorship still matters in personalized search. Find out if authorship is dead for good and for everyone or still powerful in personalized search.2. Tackling AdWords’ New Default Close Variants Matching Behavior – with Google forcing all AdWords campaigns into using close variants how will it affect you? What changed? What can you do to better adapt to this change? Benjamin Vigneron will teach you what to do in this article on searchengineland.com. 3. Digital Campaign Performance Increases 30-50% With Data-Driven Approaches – Boston Consulting Group made a study on 5 large display advertisers. The study is free for online view and download, so just check the link and see for yourself the importance of data driven decisions in the internet marketing industry.
4. Look Google, No Links – Or a Recipe for a Major Disaster – what do you think about hacking into Google search result? Impossible? Think again. Read about someone who made it and why Google has not and will not fix the issue.
5. Shellshock Bug: See if Your Business Is at Risk – after Heartbleed, a new virus has been detected: Shellshock. If you wonder what this virus can do, well…it can infect websites, steal data, shutdown networks, turn your computer into a botnet, attack other websites etc. Find out if you have been infected and what you can do to protect your website and your computers/servers.
6. Panda 4.1 — Google’s 27th Panda Update – this last Panda update affecting 3%-to-5% of search queries is rolling out. See who will be affected and the revious confirmed updates to Panda.
7. Customized Creatives at Scale – for advertisers managing large scale campaigns, Google released ad customizers. Their main features are optimized workflow, real-time calls-to-action and creating a single text ad with hundreds of variations. You can find out more details about it on Google’s official blog.
Have a productive week ahead! Don’t forget to subscribe to get all the SEO and advertising news from the previous week that really affect your website and your online promotion strategy.